Monday, August 10, 2009

Home Preschool Week 1


We officially started our first real week of preschool last week! It went well, but was definitely a learning experience for not only R-Man but myself as well! I had been so prepared for day one, but my preparation waned as the days went on. I am finding it to be a trick to bounce Lion Cub (one of the few things that keeps him quiet) while trying to read to read to R-Man or do a project! We are working on it though- each day is hit or miss!

We are really liking our Hubbards Cupboard curriculum though, and I think it will only get better as we get into a routine of working through the subjects and projects each morning. These first two weeks are all about creation and the curriculum does a really great job of working numbers and colors into that overall theme.

I didn't get many pics last week, but here are a few that I was able to snag:

Writing the number 1 in flour

Writing the number 3 in pudding (probably his favorite thing of the week!)

Sponge painting with blue

I am really looking forward to week 3 when we start the alphabet and the story of Adam and Eve. Sometimes I think that the story of creation is so segmented (a totally different idea each day) that it will be easier to just follow one story for the whole week. Like I said before, I think it is just going to get better with time! I am glad we are starting in August to get some of the kinks out of the way before September when I want to add in more activities to our preschool mornings, such as book themes and projects.

We also started our co-op last week, as you may have seen in my open-ended art post. It is basically just a group of mamas who are all working through the same basic curriculum with their kiddos. We are meeting one morning a week, switching off houses each week, and will go on a field trip once a month. The first week went great and we should have all the families who are planning to participate for the year in attendance this week! I am really looking forward to how this year is going to shape up- I think it will be wonderful in not only learning a ton but forming lots of new and stronger relationships! All in all, I think we are off to a good start!
blog comments powered by Disqus