Sunday, September 12, 2010

Preschool Corner- Week 4- Errrrrrrch!

preschool corner
Alright.  We got through our work last week... mostly.  By Thursday I went ahead and had a complete meltdown and came to the dreaded realization that my well-thought-out routine/schedule was just not working!  Every day by about 11:30 all of us are stressed and frustrated.  Lion Cub is inevitably screaming and either climbing up on Rhythm's chair with him or just completely distracting him with his antics, and I am worn so thin that I begin to display a side of myself that makes me cringe to even think about.

So, as much as I hate it, I am going to have to reevaluate.  I think we are going to have to transition into doing things that we can all do together or Rhythm can do independently while Lion Cub is awake and then do the work that he needs my help with once Lion Cub is down for his nap.  As soon as I work out all the bugs to our new routine I will post more about it, but I am hoping this new plan is going to lead to less burn-out and better concentration all the way around.


On the upside, I am very proud that we have made it through our first four weeks of school!!  We have stayed on track and I feel good about where we are headed.  Rhythm is learning much more than I expected and seems to even be enjoying school!

My favorite things that Rhythm learned this week, however, were not planned at all and mostly revolved around hunting!  Jer headed out on a hunting trip last week but before he left he of course had to practice and get all prepared!  to being with he set up his ground blind in the backyard and gave Rhythm a pair of binoculars, which he over course completely loved!!


 Rhythm spent hours in the back yard pretending that he was bow hunting for deer!

I think they both look forward to the day when they can hunt together.

Aim...


Did you hit it?

"Nice job dad!"

Before Jer left on his trip Rhythm also decided that he wanted to make him a surprise card and he wrote the entire message himself!  Of course I helped with the spelling but he was so proud of his work!

This is the picture of a trailer that he drew for the front of the card.  He wanted it to be a surprise and hid it in Jer's jacket but of course couldn't wait for Jer to find it for himself and spilled the beans as soon as he walked in the door!  It was very cute!

You can find much more inspirational posts about preschool over at Homeschool Creations!
blog comments powered by Disqus