- Information pages that cover the differences between frogs and toads, 5 different frog species, the life cycle of a frog and more. These pages also contain pictures and links to frog sounds.
- 2 different varieties of quiz pages (fill in the blank and multiple choice)
- Coloring pages (including a frog parts diagram)
- Activity pages (including a word search, two different levels of mazes and frog jokes)
- Frog Fact Cards
- A frog fable mini-book
- 4 different varieties of copywork (beginning guided printing, guided printing, guided cursive, and standard lines for unguided copywork)
- Lapbooking Components (very colorful and including extra frog clipart)
- Links to websites for additional learning about frogs (including information and video sites as well as crafts and even how to draw a cartoon frog).
|Inside of lapbook|
|Flap of Lapbook with trimmed down copywork page|
|Back of lapbook w/Frog jokes, frog cartoon drawing & maze|
|Working on the simple maze|
|Clearly impressed with himself that he actually did it!|
I think the only thing that I could be critical of was the design of the mini-book, as it did not leave much room for stapling and would not have gone in the correct order if I had assembled it per the instructions. That is really the only thing I could think of though- the rest of the study we genuinely loved and thought was expertly put together! I would definitely purchase a study from Homeschool Bits again, hands down. Oh, and did I mention that this whole study is only $1 at CurrClick!? Insane, right?! I couldn't believe that! I would have paid much more for a study that was this well put together!
Thanks to Heart of the Matter for supplying this unit study for sample review in their reviewer application process. All opinions are honest and completely my own.