Monday, June 27, 2011

God Gave Us the World

What a sweet little book this is!  I thought it would be a kind of fun book to review since we are going to be doing world geography next year for school and I thought this would be a fun introduction to the differences between people living in different places around the world.

It did exactly that!  Through the simple idea of using the differences between different types of bears I was able to teach my boys how people living around the world live in a huge variety of ways. We eat different foods.  We have different kinds of weather.  We talk differently and live at different paces.

The illustrations were sweet, as they are with all these books, and my boys really enjoyed it.  And of course I loved that everything ties directly back to God as the creator!  I am sure we will return back to God Gave Us the World many times throughout the year and am glad we had the chance to review it!

I was sent this book as a part of the Blogging for Books program from Waterbrook Press for honest review.  All opinions are solely my own.
blog comments powered by Disqus