Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tiny Talk Tuesday- August 17, 2010



Lion Cub has his first official addition to our Tiny Talk posts this week!  Not so much from the words he is saying but his attempts at words!  We are finding that he is very good at grunting syllables!  He has very distinct grunt patterns that we clearly recognize as "Thank You," "Hear You Go," and "Roman."  He says "Ny Ny" before bed now and refers to both Jer and I as "Mama" (okay- he occasionally says "Dada")!  He even sneaks in a little "Nana" every once and a while to my mom! He says "Uh" sometimes for up and if he could just unstick his tongue from the roof of his mouth I think he could probably talk our ears off!

__________________________________

Rhythm: Mom, I'm very proud of you for just not spanking me. :-)
hmmmm.... then perhaps that's an indication that I should have!


__________________________________


The other day we began reading Winnie the Pooh, and of course I had to read it with an English accent!  After a few sentences Rhythm turned to me with a silly and quizzical look on his face and said, "You are just making the voices."  I asked him if he liked them, which of course he did, and now if I am not reading with an accent he just doesn't think it sounds quite right!

A few days after we started Winnie the Pooh we were at my parent's house and my mom started talking in an English accent to him, out of the blue, just for fun (a common occurrence in our family.  What can I say- I grew up in the theatre!), and he said, "Hey!  Mommy talks like that too!"  Pretty cute and funny!


Check out other funny kid sayings at the Tiny Talk Tuesday linkup over at Not Before 7!
blog comments powered by Disqus