Monday, May 4, 2009

Out of his mouth, as of late!


R-man has had some very interesting things to say lately! I know that if I don't record them soon, I will never remember (especially with this pregnant brain of mine!)!


So first off- he has taken to calling me "Mom" instead of "Mama." Ugh! He just sounds way too old when he calls me that! It is like he turned 3 and just decided he was too grown up to call me "Mama" anymore! And I am sorry, but I thought him saying "Mama" a million times in a row was annoying, however I am quickly finding that "Mom" repeated over and over is SO much worse! I long for the days of "Mama" to return!

On a funny note- here is some 3-year-old logic for you! The other day R-man pointed between my legs and said, "That is where the baby is going to come out." This in and of itself surprised me, since he hadn't watched any birth videos in a while and I was amazed that he had actually correlated that that was how the baby would be delivered, instead of through my belly button, which he has alluded to before. It got better though when he proceeded to explain to me how the baby would come out- he said, "There is a door!" Ahhhh, I was rolling! That was just too funny to me! I love when I get little peaks into how his crazy brain makes sense of things! I just love it!

Okay, and now for my last R-man quip for the day! About a week-and-a-half ago we were going to have BBQ steaks for dinner which my lovely husband was going to cook up for us. However, due to some distractions and how fatty the steaks were, they caught fire and were burnt to a crisp! My husband, obviously frustrated himself, came into the house less than happy, which in turn (and in my pregnant state) made me feel like he was somehow blaming me for the steak debacle. In my pregnant rage I stormed downstairs to our deep freeze, ranting over how I always got blamed for everything and saying that I was sick of everything always being my fault, and quickly flung a frozen pizza up the stairs and then proceeded to camp out in our room for the next hour or so.

Later that evening when we were putting R-man to sleep, saying his prayers and singing him a song, he turned to me and said, "Mama- it's not your fault, it's daddy's fault." I turned to my husband and asked if he could make sense of the statement. He explained to me that when I had run downstairs earlier that evening R-man had turned to him and said, "Daddy, it's not Mama's fault- it's your fault!" Haha- that's my boy! Always stickin' up for his mama! We got a pretty good kick out of that one and I occasionally make reference to that statement, just to remind my dear husband of that distinct fact which our 3-year-old so bluntly pointed out! Haha! Gotta love the mind of a 3-year-old!
blog comments powered by Disqus